Welcome

To you all, thank you for your company and your time

Monday 26 October 2009

Unexpected Saturday


Good Morning, now we are officially into winter!!  My Saturday weekend didn't turn out quite as I expected.  You may remember me talking about show and teach at our local village hall?  Well I got together lots of my crocheted items for show - I spent aaaaaggeees getting hubby to photograph my hands for a crochet guide which I called "A Little Guide to Crochet" writing it out, testing it, and I felt really chuffed with it.




I arrived in plenty of time and did some arranging, re-arranging and then arranging again. It became clear that it was more of a "table sale" than show and teach.  I had envisaged having chairs by me so that keen learners could gather round and I would hand out hooks and wool and one of my leaflets for them to have a go - but ohh noo !!!!!!! it was nothing like that, nothing at all!



To make matters worse, the weather was awful!  wind and rain, people obviously decided to stay snuggled up at home - most of the afternoon the place was near empty!  I would have loved to have said to you all that I taught several people and encouraged others to have ago - but I must be honest and say it didn't happen!!!!!!!!!

Still every cloud has a silver lining and I was able to sit with my dear Mum and while away 5 hours crocheting and chatting and drinking tea and enjoying the odd scone with jam and cream, without feeling the slightest bit guilty!  It couldn't have been that bad after all!
 

The ripple cushion grew and grew, and now all I have to do is assemble it.




It really made me appreciate how nice it is to be in contact through blogland and flickrville with people on the same wavelength, ones who get excited at creating something, who like to praise the work of others, who love to drool over a stash of wool - daft I know, but I am glad.  Have a great day!

Speak soon xx

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to read things didn't happen you wanted it to. Keep in mind: it's not your fault.
    Thank you for making us Flickr-contacts to share our crochet work. I'm so in love with it...
    I will follow your blog!
    Have a nice day!
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well nevermind. Disappointing for you but the yummies sound fantastic! That Ripple looks very interesting.....You know what I'm like with Ripples. Yes I agree it's great to have friends in Flickr and Blogland, we are all having a ball!

    ReplyDelete