Welcome

To you all, thank you for your company and your time

Tuesday 13 October 2009

Spur-Of-The-Moment

Hello!

On Saturday my daughter was setting off back to Uni and as she didn't have too much on until Tuesday it was suggested that I go back with her:-

I looked in my diary - it was empty:-
I looked at the ironing pile - it was relatively small:-
I looked in the fridge - there was food for the men of the house:-

Hubby told me to go and he would pick me up on Monday night - so I did!

I threw some clothes in a bag - grabbed my crochet and off we went. We arrived quite late on Saturday and snuggled down in our PJs and chatted.




It was sooooo girlie! I loved it.  We were up early because my daughter had an important appointment in London. I went with her and whilst she was busy I shopped and walked - gosh it was tiring.  I did manage to sneak up to the haberdashery dept in Peter Jones



And couldn't resist buying these:-




I thought these colours would make some lovely crochet small flowers and leaves for brooches. Then it was time for some refreshments so off to Dukes Square for some:-



It was a lovely time.

Now I am home and this morning I couldn't resist taking some photos of the garden, even though it is well into October it is a joy to see this:-



and this:-



and this:-




still looking beautiful in the garden.  I hope where ever you are - your October is just as lovely. 

Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to show you my finished "Lucy" bag - just got the handles to do.

Speak soon xx

2 comments:

  1. What a delight to have a girlie weekend. Looks like it was very good for your soul.

    And the best part is that lovely Debbie Bliss you picked up. We can only wish it was that easy to find over here...

    Keep us posted on the fun project you have in mind for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!
    I'm Mrs Twins. A new follower to your blog if I may. I'm through Garden Bell and I hope we can be friends. I'm from the UK. I love your blog and I hope you'll visit me when you have a free minute or two.

    By the way 'Snap!'.

    ReplyDelete