Welcome

To you all, thank you for your company and your time

Thursday 25 March 2010

Mini Hexagon Tutorial

Hi there, I have been a bit of a stranger this week - can't believe it is Thursday and I am only just posting! I have been itching to get on here and give you the tutorial for the Mini Hexagons that I showed you last week.

Now, as you can probably tell, I am not the best at tutorials but will do my best for you all!   I promise you this is super EaSy, and great for a beginner.

I used a 4mm hook and some double knit wool.  I have used UK terminology, a UK treble is a US double crochet.

Row 1 : Chain 4 and slip stitch into a ring.  3 chain (counts as first treble) and work 11 trebles into the ring.  join at the top of the 3 chain with a slip stitch.  Fasten off.


Row 2 :  With a new colour join in wool between 2 trebles and make 3 chain and 2 trebles in same space, 1 chain, miss 2 trebles and make 3 trebles in next space. Repeat 1 chain miss 2 trebles and make 3 trebles in next space all the way round and slip stitch into to of first 3 chain.  You should have 6 groups of trebles.  Fasten off.




Row 3 : With another new colour, begin in a a chain space and make 3 chain, 2 trebles, 2 chain, 3 trebles in same space, *then 1 chain and make 3 trebles, 2 chain, 3 trebles in next space , repeat from *  all the way round and join to top of first 3 chain with a slip stitch and fasten off .



Hey Presto!  one Mini Hex!! These are sooooo quick to do


and you can join them together as you go - here is a peek at my current WIP
as you can see I have been making seven of them into flowers - I am hoping to make them look like a traditional patchwork.

Hope they turn out ok - would love to see pictures if anyone makes these!

Just have to show you the Amyrillis - its a giant beauty and worth the wait!!



Must dash now, blow the washing and ironing and all the other things I should be doing - I am taking a day out and heading to London to the Country Living Fair (strange, I live in the country and have to go to central London for the Country Living Fair!!!)  such excitement!!!!  

Speak soon xx 

8 comments:

  1. I think you have explained it really well. Thankyou so much. I had a very amusing afternoon on flickr yesterday , Mrs Twins kept me on the straight and narrow, found you there too. What fun !
    Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this, but now I can feel a hex coming on. It is certainly less complicated than the one I finished at the beginning of the year. Now thats what I call a flower, sometimes big is best!
    Jak

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes we did have a pleasant afternoon on Flickr yesterday with Louise.
    Kim, you've been working quietly haven't you? These little hexagons are gorgeous! Love the colours you've been using too.
    Your plant has suddenly come on. Mom usually has the problem of them tipping over, but yours looks pretty straight.
    HOpe you're not spending too much on your day out! 'Actually why not!'.
    Hugs and Love Suex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the tutorial!!! These are definitely on my to-do list of projects. Your amaryllis is so beautiful... I planted one but don't know if it will ever bloom here in the hot Arizona weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the great TUT... It make it all look so much easier.

    Love the flowers.

    Kate - The Garden Bell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Kim!

    Have a great time at the Country Living Fair.

    Question:
    Do you really understand "my" African Flower in Dutch? Or is it the English pattern from Elizabeth Cat?

    ~X~ KArin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Kim
    Great tut... so pleased you enjoyed your Country Living Fair... I went to a Craft Expo on Fri & had a great time too...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your little hexies are soooooooo sweet!! A friend of mine is making a bag out of this type of hex in bright Rowan Pure Wool and it looks so beautiful. ooooooooo I am VERY tempted to do something sweet and hexie now!
    xx

    ReplyDelete