Welcome

To you all, thank you for your company and your time

Thursday 4 March 2010

The Delights of Decopatch☻

Morning all you lovelies out there in bloggie land, hope you are all well, I am feeling really excited today because last night I spent a whole evening doing Decopatch.  If you read Lucy's blog (and lets face it who doesn't 'cos she's a star!), you may remember she did some decopatch before christmas and before baby B arrived. I thought at the time how nice it looked, anyway to cut a long story short a few weeks ago I went to a craft fair in Brighton and lo and behold there was the decopatch stand, details to be found here.  Of course I just HAD to treat myself, and last weekend I tried it out on some small key rings.


You basically cut up special decorative papers and then you glue them on to whatever you wish with this special glue which has like a varnish in it too, so it dries shiny and the colours become more vibrant.

So last night ........I had the house to myself......... so out came the glue, papers, scissors and brush


and I started cutting and sticking.......


it was ToTaLLy absorbing and relaxing......I just loved it!!!


I alternated papers for a bit of variety and Ta Dah!!!!


This is going to hang on my wall by my computer, to make me chuckle on gloomy days!

Oh, but that isn't all, I just HAD to look around for something else to decopatch over, you can use most things, but I didn't think hubby would appreciate me covering chairs, table etc! 

Then I found this drab little bucket which had had some pretty flowers in it once upon a time.


I decided to experiment and use the pretty green and white gingham paper
and  Ta Dah!


It needed something to finish it off .......




Isn't it pretty and springlike?  Now I am thinking this would be good for either Mother's Day or as Easter presents.

At the end of the evening I really didn't want to put my brush down, but I will have to find some suitable items to cover ..........watch out cat!! 

Speak soon xx

11 comments:

  1. Poor cat had better take cover and quickly by the looks of it!! Love the decopatch laugh and also the pretty little flower pot bin ~ great idea. When I find the time ~ HA HA she laughs ~ I may try this decopatch out!! :O) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your LAUGH is fabulous! And your spring-bucket too!
    Decopatch is so much fun, I know. I decopatched a tray last December. I have an other item to decorate with this beautiful coloured paper.
    I've got the glue/varnish and the paper.....
    But first I have to finish a baby blanket. One thing at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bucket is delightful, I'd love to receive that as a mother's day gift. Coincidently, I'm working on something similar (the letter E featured on my blog), although I haven't finish H, O or M yet, lol!
    Jak x

    ReplyDelete
  4. how fabulous Kim, your decopatch really turned out great!
    I'd like to do some big capital letters for each of my sproglets, and I also have some little A4size wooden ikea drawers which I think would look fab with the decopatch treatment.
    incidentally...I find that I get better results if i tear the paper into squares rather than cut them, it kind of blends the patterns nicely (the lady on the decopatch stand at the show passed on this tip to me)

    Lovely to visit with you ♥♥♥
    Lucexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! I love the bucket with flowers, it is realy ´spring/ish`!!
    Have a nice crafty day, greetings from mama lieveheersbeestje.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh - the bucket looks wonderful - definitely spring-like!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely! I was at the same stall and bought some too (small world!) after reading Lucy's blog. Great minds think alike huh? I'm sooo tempted to do my coffee table - have done some bits on it to see how it turns out already!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! I've never tried to decopatch. I'll have to put it on my "to-do" list.

    Teacup Lane (Sandy)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your laugh sign is so pretty, it would bring a smile to my face every time I looked at it too!!!
    I know I would lover your bucket and flower as a gift for Mothers Day - must hint to daughters ☺

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kim, (Fingers Crossed - no good last night sorry).
    This decopatch is a really good idea. I just love the planter. What a fantastic idea. You could use this on any occasion for presents. I just love the Gingham though and the plant inside looks so full of Spring! You've done well with this Kim. I love the 'Laugh' too, we all need a bit of that! Those papers though are really pretty, I love pink. Oh this post is exciting, makes me want to have a go! I know years ago I was crackers on 'contact' do you remember the sticky rolls you can still buy. I know its nothing like it. But I was mad on covering things with that. It is surprising which ever way you cover something what a difference it makes!
    Terribly sorry I couldn't get back to you lastg night. I had to give up in the end and I was so looking forward to quiet lappy time with my Husband away last night.
    I'm looking forward to your Squares Kim.
    Now I'm going to check out this 'group blogging!
    Have a good weekend,
    and Congratulations on your new Craft! I hope you'll do more.
    Hugs and Love Suex

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love the bucket, i have never done anything like that, just might have to try it.

    ReplyDelete