Welcome

To you all, thank you for your company and your time

Thursday 22 October 2009

Pumpkins & Shawls

Hello - just a short post today, I seem to be soooooo behind with everything!!  I need to get myself sorted out for the show and tutor session on Saturday - panicking slightly because I had planned to write a short guide to crochet together with photos of "moi" with hook and yarn in hand for those who are interested in a take away. Waiting on younger son (over 6ft tall) to take piccies  but we never seem to be in the same room at the same time!  I have drafted the guide so must crack on with it.

Did buy these this morning at our local village shop



Mummy Pumpkin and Baby Pumpkin.  Its ridiculous of me to buy two to make lanterns next week, especially as my "kids" are 23, 22 and 18!! but I still love the glow of them (the lanterns that is - not the kids) so I shall carry on in my own sweet way, and I will make lots of soup with the insides.  Excuse the state of the garden table it is a recent "pre-loved" buy which I will renovate next spring, although I quite like the shabby chic-ness of it!

Sorted out a couple of shawls that I made, the green one I made for my mum and the white one I made for me and I have used it so much, it has been brilliant - its been on smartish holidays and lots of camping holidays and looked equally at home on each.





Quite a pretty pattern don't you think?




I am hoping to be sooo organised by this evening that I can spend the time rippling.  I hope whatever you do today you have a great time

Speak soon xx





 

2 comments:

  1. Yes, Kim the shawls are great. Love the pumpkins too. Nothing the matter with the table however! Hope you have a good time on Saturday and that you'll tell us all about it next week! Back to my rippling! I love the new header too. Nice to show your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun pattern for your new shawl. I will have to give one of these a try soon.

    My thoughts are you are never too old to crave a pumpkin... So, go for it and never look back. It's part of nutruing the sweet kid your are no matter what age.

    Have fun and let it rip.

    ReplyDelete