Welcome

To you all, thank you for your company and your time

Tuesday 17 November 2009

Welcome to the fold!

Hi there!

Firstly today I must give a special welcome to a new reader to my blog - my daughter yay!!! She has just been connected up to the internet at Uni, which is great.  I kind of regard the blog as an online diary so it will be lovely for her to see what I am up to!

Secondly today I want to thank Sue(Mrs Twins) for her friendship and guidance through blogland, and she mentioned me yesterday which was an honour and a surprise. So thank you Sue.

Last night I was able to concentrate on my baby cot blanket  but because it is quite a dense pattern progress feels quite slow - I seem to be crocheting for Britain, but its not growing as quickly as would like, never mind, slow and steady wins the race!






This week is rather busy for me, its a shame when work gets in the way of creativity!!!!!!!!! Hopefully I will snatch the odd half hour here and there to do some hooking.

I have also been trying to prepare a little more for Christmas and the other day the house was filled with the aroma of nutmeg and cinnamon when I made red cabbage to go with our Christmas dinner



I love how pretty a red cabbage is when you cut into it and the random patterns that are produced are lovely.

I mixed this in with the onions, garlic, apples, spices, sugar and vinegar



I had to squash it down to get the lid on - after long slow cooking you get a lovely squidy georgous smelling dish, ready to be frozen for Christmas





The next thing on the list is chestnuts




I bought these this morning, they are a bit fiddly to do, but worth the effort, then they can be popped into the freezer too!  They will make great stuffing - yummy!

Hoepfully later on in the week I will have a blanket update - I am not in love with this project yet but I am hopeful that once I start to make the edging it will come into its own and have a ta dah moment!

Speak soon xx

7 comments:

  1. Good afternoon Kim!
    Oh! yummy, yummy it smells delicious. Aren't you good preparing for Christmas, puts me to shame. Well that's a pretty good idea getting your daughter involved I do hope she enjoys reading about her mom. Good idea I might send my link to my daughter. She can at least have a laugh. She knows I've 'took to the hook!' since she left. Better than taking to the bottle!
    Trust me that blanket will look gorgeous when you get further and then finished. I often feel like that.
    I've been doing some crocheting this morning only small projects. You will have to wait and see!!
    Oh well ironing is calling. Then 3.00pm Alan T. Bye for a bit, good post again and thank you for the mention Kim. Oh! I don't know whether you noticed my daughter had a first date last night, got back 2.15! When she has work the next day. Boy, was I worried. Had a lot of support from the Flickr community though which was nice. I thought why I'm waiting, what shall I do?........... Bit tired today!
    Hugs and Love Suex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just found your blog and I love it! I wil start following your blog and I love your crochet snowmen!
    Greetings from the Netherlands,
    Mama lieveheersbeestje.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much you are very welcome x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess it is time I started thinking of Christmas too - at least I have ordered the ham. I'm off today to cruise the shops and at least get some ideas for presents. I'll take my camera with me !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, to me the red cabbage looks like fabric laying there. I also love to cook cabbage and love the smell of it, now I may have to cook some tomorrow since you showed me yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet post today. Love the cabbage bright yummie purple picture. Short but sweet today as limited access to computer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that red cabbage looks scrummy:-)
    Good to see that your baby blanket is progressing well.
    Take care,
    Alison.

    ReplyDelete