Welcome

To you all, thank you for your company and your time

Monday 30 November 2009

Summer Garden Blanket Story

Good Morning!  I hope you all had a great weekend.  Here in the UK it was wet and windy AGAIN.

 It occured to me over the weekend that I haven't acutally posted about my Summer Garden Blanket which was what started me on this whole blogland thing.  I apologise to those of you who have seen the pictures on Flickr, but felt we all needed a burst of colour on a drab Monday morning!!!!!


In the middle of the summer I decided to make a blanket like Lucy's , and once I found a supply of reasonably priced wool I embarked on a colourful journey, I was absorbed straight away and found it easy to 'run off' a couple of squares in any spare moment that I had.  When I went camping in the late summer it was blissful sitting outside crocheting and playing around with the finished squares to find the colour combination which worked for me, laying them out on the bed of our trailer.







I decided to add a single colour 'frame' to all of the squares and make a border with the same colour, I have discovered I like to frame things!  I finished off the edging with couple of rows of clashing purples!!!













I then uploaded a picture of the finished blanket onto Flickr and had a great response,  it was then that I decided to try my hand at blogging as it felt really good to chat to others with the same interests and crafty hobbies!  It is such an interesting hobby to have and I am enjoying it immensely.

A quick update on the icing roses, I had another go last night and



Ta Dah!!!!!




They look a lot more rose-like don't you think?  I am feeling a lot happier about it now!

Hope you all have a great day, speak soon xx

5 comments:

  1. gorgeous blanket...I'm making one of those as well...I'm a bit slow at it just now...need to stop rippling and but some hours in on it. love the icing flowers as well:-)
    Take care,
    Alison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow, the finished blanket looks awesome! Now I need to make one like that as well! Oh man, I am never ever ever going to have near enough time in the world for all the things I need to make! lol But well done, it is just beautiful! You should be very proud of yourself.

    & your icing roses do look like roses, definitely! Well done there too! Now that is something I don't feel the need to try yet. Phew... hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim!
    Fantastic post. It is so nice to see the blanket. I just love the colours. I never tire of seeing things. The roses have come out perfectly this time. I bet you are really pleased with them. WEll done! It's nice to put things back on to posts as there are always new followers who probably haven't seen them before.

    You're doing really well with your Crocheting, Really well with your Blogging! Now what's happened about those Mosaics?? Have a go don't be frightened, dead easy.

    Hope you'll pop over to Suesfavouritethings.blogspot.com You know what's waiting for you!!!!

    Well done, Happy day to you. Love your posts!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you wrote about your blanket as I haven't seen it before and I LOVE it. I don't know how to crochet but my New Year's Resolution is to learn. Then I can try my hand at a Granny Blanket - only trouble is it is never cold enough here to want to use one!
    You have certainly made progress with the roses. They look terrific. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim
    The blanket is fantastic!!! The colour combination works well.
    And the roses look so very sweet, don't forget to show us the finished cake

    ReplyDelete