Welcome

To you all, thank you for your company and your time

Monday 23 November 2009

Cosy Creative Weekend

Can't believe it's Monday morning again.  I looked forward all of last week to Friday night - I love that feeling with the weekend ahead, but it seems to go so quickly.

I know that some of my lovely blogland readers are sweltering in heat on the other side of the world, but here has been very wet and windy, with intermittent power cuts. But the positive side to the bad weather is that we cosied up indoors and had the best weekend! 

I did some of this:



Grouting in our downstairs cloakroom which we have been decorating................ and some of this




baking - these are sticky toffee puddings to be frozen for our Christmas Dinner dessert (only a couple of us like proper christmas pudding, so we have to compromise)......................some of this



chillin in the conservatory ............................... and lots of this




knitting, I finished the hat for my friend and I started a scarf to match



and also quite a lot of this.............................................................



the cot blanket. Finally I have been dabbling with the Grandma Twinkle Stars made from a tutorial by The Royal Sisters which Lucy showcased last week.  Here is a peek and I will show you them in later in the week.



Yep! all in all it was pretty good.

Have a great day speak soon xx

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kim,
    We're very much alike! I just love having cozy weekends to! What a lot of rain we've had in the UK. Those up in Cumbria really have had their fair share. I love those start they are really cool. Nice to see you doing your favourite things in the Conservatory, you are so.......much like me!!
    Hope you'll pop over in a bit. Love your post today Kim. Speak to you soon! Off to Moms now.....
    Have a lovely day.....Hugs and Love Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend to me too - all that lovely cosiness. You've been very productive too. The baby blanket is coming on nicely.
    In our family only some of us like Christmas pudding too ( in the heat !!!). The rest of us have lovely cool trifle - a real winner in the heat.
    Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful to have a cozy weekend. I can only wish right now....he-he...

    Love your new hat and scarf. Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see the stars hanging up - they certainly will twinkle with the yarn you have chosen.
    Glad you are dry
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim!
    Nice to do all those things in the weekend.
    I like the stars!
    I only crocheted a little icicle (I hope this is the right English word) last weekend.
    Now I'm back home from a vacation and will definitely crochet more.
    ~X~ Karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice to meet you, thanks for stoping by, i have enjoyed your blog today!

    ReplyDelete