Welcome

To you all, thank you for your company and your time

Thursday 19 November 2009

Those 'Inbetween Moments'


My crochet output has been rather slow the last couple of days, work and other commitments have got in the way.  However, I must say that since I have started blogging I am much more aware of making the most of every minute of the day, and although other "stuff" has taken precedence over 'creative output' I am learning to make the most of those 'Inbetween Moments', you know what I mean, those times when you have literally a few minutes spare - waiting for the potatoes to boil, or the washing machine to finish and in my case  (I work from home as a Beauty Therapist) waiting for a client to arrive. These are the times I grab whatever project I am working on and even if I only manage a few stitches - that's progress, slow, but progress all the same. In my 'Inbetween Moments' the last couple of days I played around with these granny squares






and decided that they will be my next blanket project - I might make them larger because I don't think I will be able to join the squares as you go (unless any of you lovelies knows how to do this)  and I might even be tempted to use my secret Rowan stash!  I keep gazing at it and thinking its too nice to use!!!!! 

I also started another project which has been (sorry to all you dedicated crochet fans) knitting!  I made myself a hat which a dear friend remarked on, so I am making her one for Christmas and a scarf to match.





Its in this nice Crofter wool and knits ( or I'm sure crochets ) to a pretty random look and is nice and soft.
I am also making a glasses case for the same friend, and I must start some of Lucy's wristwarmers for another friend. Of course, there is still the matter of the Cot Blanket - hoping to make more progress with that tonight  - phew!  I had better get started - as my English teacher used to say:-

"Procrastination is the thief of time"


Have a great evening

Speak soon xx

5 comments:

  1. Those look lovely squares. Where did you get the pattern? I'm also loving that Crofter wool:-)
    Alison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can knit as well ! Gosh you are brilliant. Love the squares, cute pattern. I think they would look really good in a blanket. Easy stitch to do.
    Hugs and Love Suex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to know there is another cross-crafter around!!! :-)
    Love to see the finished hat and I do love the granny squares. They are great in-between fillers without too much thought

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not one who crochets ( I can feel a New Year's Resolution coming on !) but Lucy of Attic24 has a tutorial for joining Granny squares as you go . Her Granny squares are a bit different to yours - maybe yours are just bigger - but thought you may be able to adapt Lucy's method to siut your needs.
    http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/joining-asyougo-sqaures.html
    Love your coloursby the way.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Grannies. I also do a stitch or two in between other jobs. I even keep a tote bag with just leftover yarn in the car and work on granny squares whenever I have to wait in the car while my husband runs in the store for something. I believe every minute counts. Good for you on the knitting, I have tried and all I have mastered is just straight knitting. I just go back and forth....but at least I'm going somewhere!! Take care.

    ReplyDelete