Welcome

To you all, thank you for your company and your time

Friday 29 October 2010

The Tale of the Shelf

Hello!  As you know this last couple of weeks I have been decorating and dear hubby, who has been busy with work, dips in and out and offers advice (not always taken) and generally chivvies me along.  Well a couple of times I suggested things he could do to assist.  Well the other week I came home to find this shelf, which he had put up in on our kitchen wall.


"How handy you say" and "well done", but the truth is, I had put this out to go to the charity shop - he decided we needed another shelf - "you could put more cookery books on it "he said


As you can see, we already have rather untidy cookery book shelves, do we really need another one?

I mean there is a veeeery loooooong list of "Things To Do", and that wasn't even on the bottom of it - male and female brains, work sooooo differently!!!! Do you find that? hehe!

So "The Shelf" sat empty for a while, while I decided what to put on it.  Every time I went out with my friend, we searched for the perfect thing to adorn "The Shelf".................................................. then last week I found this in a lovely little shop in my local town of Lewes. 


I brought it home and placed it on the shelf............................................sadly it looked a little lonely!

A few days later I just had to give this little red hen a mate...................so back to the shop I went and voila!


This continues the "Hen" theme in my kitchen...





It took a few days before dear Hubby even noticed that "The Shelf" had been filled, but he approved, aaah I just love him!

Next week I will show you the finished Granny Stripe blanket, I am slowly finishing the edging, I am trying to finish off a couple of projects which I started ages ago, before I start on something with the African Pansies (incidentally thank you for your comments on that pattern, I will do a tutorial at some stage!)

Have a lovely weekend, the clocks go back so an extra hour in bed yay!

Speak soon xx

9 comments:

  1. i love the hen theme for your kitchen and shelf looks great with the red hens, your right men just think different than we do, gotta love 'em

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the "beware of the chickens sign" I'd like to get one for a freind of mine, if you remember where did you buy it?
    Yes the little red hens definately need to go together.
    I have a little collection of chickens somehwere waiting to come out of storage :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it something with Venus and Mars? Hahahaa!
    You made the perfect solution with the red chickens. They´re wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hens and what a good idea for the shelf. These little touches really make a room don't they?
    Cheers
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a charming way to use up a clean space. I think your 'hen' theme is perfet. But just where did all your cookbooks go. I can't wait for the reveal and ta-da....

    Toodles,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kim,
    OOh yes such a good idea, finishes the shelf off beautifully!
    I cant wait to see your granny stripe. Do show soon!
    I hope you have a good weekend,
    Love Suex
    OOh I've remembered!
    When you read my mail you'll see what Im talking about.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I luv your chickens! Can't wait to see your granny blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the chicken theme! that's just the sort of thing my hub does rather than do any housework and I have to abundantly praise him out of all proportion to stop him getting manstrop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The chickens have a new home and look just right on the shelf.

    ReplyDelete