Welcome

To you all, thank you for your company and your time

Friday 3 September 2010

Glitter Yarn

Hi there, thank you so much for your lovely comments yesterday, it does feel really comforting to be back in touch with Blogland - I have really missed it lately, but sometimes life just gets too busy and I can't seem to fit it in.  There was quite a bit of interest in the Glitter Yarn I was using for the Shawl I showed you yesterday. 

As you can see, it is called Reflection and is 10% Mohair, 10% Wool, 75% Acrylic and 5% Metallic.  I bought it at the Old Loom Mill, near Hailsham, East Sussex - (I looked but I don't think they have a website) - its a collection of old mill buildings where they now have a fabric shop, wool shop and lots of craft stalls - oh and of course a lovely coffee shop.  They had a shawl made up and it did look pretty so I just couldn't pass it by PLUS if you purchased the wool you got the pattern free!  Its only a hand typed out one but hey thats no problem!  Oh and you only need two 100 gram balls of wool and it is worked on a 5.50mm uk hook so it is quite a loose drapey fabric. It was finished off with long tassels.  I think they had other colours but I can't remember which!  Must dash now - can't believe it but this is my 99th post - I am limping towards the 100!!!!  I cant think what I have rambled on about for that many posts - will have to look back.

Have a lovely weekend

Lovely to talk to you

Speak soon xx

8 comments:

  1. Yes the yarn does look pretty but is it prickly ? Sometimes that metallic stuff is not so soft though I don't suppose it matters much when you wear it over the top of clothes.
    Keep rambling, you're in good company !!
    Cheers
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that looks lovely. I can imagine purple and lilac and mauve...hmm deicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure love this yarn. Perfect for the fall season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh you're nearly at your 100th! Doesn't time fly!!!
    Great post, great yarn Kim,
    Have a good weekend,
    Hugs Suex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful yarn Kim!
    Can't wait for nr. 100.

    ~X~ Karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you are enjoying the weekend Kim.
    Can you pop over to SIBOL sometime and read Charlottes oost.
    An idea you may be interested in.
    ooh and of course Linda's idea.
    Thanks Suex

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely yarn; it looks so delicate, and the bit you've crocheted looks gorgeous!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete