Welcome

To you all, thank you for your company and your time

Friday 8 January 2010

Normal Service Resumes! Hello Everyone!

Hello to you all, and a special mention to my new followers, thank you so much for joining in especially as I haven't been able to post for a few days!  Thank you also for your lovely comments. I was really chuffed with your positive comments about my cake - really encouraging, and to MSW Jan, the balloons were Helium filled and tied at intervals to an invisible wire to make them go arch shaped!

I still don't have my main computer back, but have been using this old laptop and I am starting to get to grips with it so hopefully my blogging will be able to continue.  We are  FRoZeN here, as is all of the UK, never known anything like it, I must sound like a right wuss, as I know to a lot of you out there in the big wide world this is nothing but we are ...just....not...used...to...it!

Next a surprise for Sue take a peek, I finally managed a Mosaic, it took me rather longer than I anticipated but I am pleased with the result so, here it is - my Winter Wonderland Mosaic!

 

Lots of icicles in our garden, and some lovely snowy countryside.  It takes great effort to walk up the village at the moment because the snow is so deep, the roads are really icy




There is nothing for it but to snuggle up inside and try to keep warm!  I hope you are all doing the same and still have power, which thankfully we still do.  Well with much more snow forecast for the weekend, I should get some hookiness done, I am making some squares to send for Sue's charity blankets.

Ta Ta for now I need to go thaw my hands! 

Speak soon xx


5 comments:

  1. Welcome back:-)...loving the snow pics and mosaic.
    Keep warm and have a great weekend.
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the balloon info! Really very clever and pretty. I love your winter mosiac. Stay warm and happy hooking. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kim well done! What a beautiful white winterland! Well the snow looks pretty good on here! I'd rather be looking at in a mosaic than being out in it.
    I do hope you don't have it bad where you are.Our roads are slightly better, more is expected though. I've completely cleared the drive now so its easier to park. But its so cold.....Nevermind. Our crocheting keeps us warm by the fire.
    Hope things go better for you next week and take care, and wrap up!
    Hugs and Love Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You poor things with all that snow. Hope you are managing to keep warm. Glad to have you back in the fold as it were and I think your mosaic looks great.
    cheers
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim,
    Hows things going?
    We've had more snow here, its pretty dicey today. The roads are dreadful. Aren't you just fed up with it? You've had it worse than us though I know.
    Did you have a good weekend? It flew past once again. Monday soon comes around.
    I hope to chat later,
    Hugs and Love Sue

    ReplyDelete