Welcome

To you all, thank you for your company and your time

Wednesday 25 May 2011

Coil Pot Making

 Last night I was searching through my stash of "Things To Do". I felt figety and didn't know what I wanted to do, Nothing was appealing to me!  I didn't want to crochet, or knit but wanted to do Something.  Then I found the "Something"


A Coil Pot making kit - I have had this in the cupboard for about 2 years and finally it saw the light of day.  A book by Helen Deighan, the doyenne of coil pot making, soon had me reading up on how proceed. 

There were lots of pre cut fabric strips (always a help) and I had loads of the plastic cording. 


You start by twisting the fabric around the cord and securing it with the yellow clip - then you begin by making a spiral the other end and oversewing the coils to make a circle.  The beginning I did find Really Fiddly but after some trial and error I got going.  You can join in another strip by overlapping with the first strip and carrying on winding. 




As usual for me I want to run before I can walk and expected it to be easy from the start, and it did take me a while to get the hang of it, but it is coming along now


The effect is quite pretty don't you think?  Once you get the base to the size you want then you gradually build up the sides.  I will show you the progress as I go.  However, I have found that sewing over the coils does annoy my thumbs, but I am NOT giving up and am determined to finish at least one pot!!!!!!!

Have a lovely day

Speak soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment